Various Lies

Friday, January 9, 2009

...Elderly Academics, elderly academia...

I have a post I want to do about this at some point soon, but this shall suffice for now.

I'm trying to get our Vice-Chancellor to sign a copyright disclosure on some software we've developed. Like all senior academics she is frightfully busy and notoriously hard to track down. I just left my office to go stake her out and wait (behind a potted plant or some such ornament), when she entered my office with a lovely, confused looking old man in a lab coat. It took me a moment to recognise our Chancellor...

...Why, pray tell, is our VC giving a guided tour of our offices to the Chancellor? When twas only three weeks ago he burst into my office saying,

"This used to be mine! I like what you've done with it." And then wandered off again...

interesting.

No comments: